Monday, September 11, 2017

IBS Week 18:

Nick:
IBS Ephesians 4:2-3


Father, thank you for this morning in your Word. Thank you for getting my parents here safely yesterday and for the time we had with them yesterday. Thank you for convicting me of my judgement I had on them. You're the judge not me. You call me to love them not condemn them. With all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the spirit in the bond of peace. Lord you call me to bear with them in humility and gentleness, not be there critic. I want them to feel at home here with us and feel welcome and loved not judged and nervous. Help me to be eager to maintain unity in the spirit, not discord or dissension. Help us to be bonded in peace today Jesus. True biblical love is difficult but achievable with Christ. 

Julie:
John 15:1-17 “I Am the True Vine”

As we read through this passage in a women’s Bible study, I was given an image by God.  This passage talks about how Jesus is the Vine, God is the Gardener, and we are the branches.  The second verse says that He takes away all branches that do not produce fruit.  I thought of a big beautiful tree (which is me).  And as I stood there, I produced fruits that would grow and drop on the ground.  I started thinking of what fruits I was dropping.  Some of my fruit was fake! Plastic! Non-nutritional!  I was producing fruit in vain.  I was not letting God grow Spiritual fruits in my life.  My next thought was, “Why am I not letting You work in my life, God?”.  He said, “You don’t trust me”.  He was right!  I wasn’t trusting Him.  I was so worried about looking down and seeing some kind of fruit laying on the ground, I didn’t care if it was fake or not.  I didn’t want to waste my time trusting in God if there was a chance that He would not let my produce.  So, yes, I am this tree, and, yes, I have fruit for all to see around my tree --- BUT, what about the day that someone, maybe a Spiritually hungry child, comes to my tree for shade and food?  What is going to happen when they take a bite of my fruit and they find out it is plastic, or worse poisoned?  That thought convicts me to the core.  I am thankful for the image God gave me, because I no longer want to produce fruit for looks or vanity or quantity, but for quality and health and Spirituality.

No comments:

Post a Comment