Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Field Time Week 2 April 17th-23rd

Nick:
Tuesday April 18, 2017 Matthew 10:27-28 "What I tell you in the dark, say in the light, and what you hear whispered, proclaim on the housetops. And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell."

Through the spirit we receive revelation and insight from the Lord. He pours out his wisdom and understanding on us. He shares his truth with us. There will be times when the spirit is compelling us to say things in the light to people. Things that Jesus told us in secret that he wants us to proclaim from the rooftops. He may ordain a certain conversation with somebody, or put us in front of many people. II Corinthians 5:20  "Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. God uses us to further his kingdom and for his sovereign will to be done.” And when he does call and ask us to be those messengers, we must not fear flesh and bone. We must fear the one who created us. The one who determines whether it will be heaven or hell.

Julie:
Matthew 13:44 “The Parable of the Hidden Treasure”


This parable has really made an impression on me.  I’ve heard that there are a couple of different ways to view what Jesus means when he says, “the kingdom of heaven”.  When I read this verse, I thought of heaven itself.  Some may think of heaven on earth.  Anyway, the revelation I had was that heaven is my ultimate reward.  My walk with the Lord thus far has been to seek Him, and sometimes when I do that I get discouraged when I get no reward.  Then I realized my heart must be in the wrong place to feel tired of chasing Jesus and coming up short (in my mind).  But, I was missing the heart – the love – the faith.  The man in this parable found his treasure (heaven).  Then he covered it back up and walked away from it.  That must have taken some real faith that it would still be there if he left it there while he went out and handled other business.  His faith becomes even more encouraging when we find out what he left his treasure to go do.  He sold all that he had.  I can’t wrap my head around what everything was to him.  Was it his money and assets, or was it his family, was it himself?  Whatever it was that he sold, the treasure he found was greater.  And once all that he had was gone and he stood alone with some denarii, he didn’t seem to question what his next step was.  He purchased the field that possessed his treasure, so that it could be his.  This man didn’t steal or manipulate or cut corners to get his treasure.  He didn’t say “I want to have my cake and eat it too”.  No, he sold all that he had it hopes to possess the best treasure he had ever seen.  He did this out of faith, and his treasure for that faith was treasure.  What he gave up where things of the world, but what he gained was eternal life.  He didn’t have that child-like mindset that says, “I would rather have one now than a hundred later”.  He knew what was important and he put his mind to it until he possess it.  I am praying that I can be that faithful and steadfast like the man in this parable.

No comments:

Post a Comment