Tuesday, May 9, 2017

IBS Field Time Week 4

Nick:
“WHO THEN IS THE FAITHFUL AND WISE SERVANT, WHOM THE MASTER HAS PUT IN CHARGE OF THE SERVANTS IN HIS HOUSEHOLD TO GIVE THEM THEIR FOOD AT THE PROPER TIME? IT WILL BE GOOD FOR THAT SERVANT WHOSE MASTER FINDS HIM DOING SO WHEN HE RETURNS.” MATTHEW 24-45-46

 THE LORD HAS BEEN BRINGING ME BACK TO LISTENING TO HIS VOICE AND BEING OBEDIENT TO IT. I HAVE BEEN DISTRACTED FROM ALL THE BLESSINGS AND SURROUNDINGS THE LORD HAS PLACED IN AND AROUND MY LIFE. EVEN THOUGH I AM IN A MINISTRY WITH OTHER BELIEVERS, THERE STILL IS THE THREAT OF THE ENEMY DISTRACTING ME WITH THE THINGS OF THIS WORLD. ALSO FOR MY FLESH TO TRY AND SATISFY ITSELF IN THINGS GOING ON AROUND ME. PRAISE GOD THAT HE HAS BROUGHT ME BACK TO OUR RELATIONSHIP AND HIS VOICE BECAUSE ITS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS. ITS WHERE ALL THE FRUIT COMES FROM. ITS THE ONLY WAY TO LIVE ACCORDING TO HIS WORD. ITS THE ONLY WAY I CAN LIVE THIS VERSE OUT. THE LORD HAS BLESSED ME WITH A WIFE AND SON AND HAS CALLED ME TO BE IN CHARGE OF MY HOUSEHOLD, AND TO FEED THEM AT THEIR PROPER TIME. IF IM NOT IN THE SPIRIT AND LISTENING FOR AND TO HIS VOICE, HOW AM I TO KNOW WHEN HE IS ASKING ME TO FEED THEM? HOW WILL I KNOW WHAT TO FEED THEM? IF IM TRYING TO DO THIS IN THE FLESH, IM LIKE THE SERVANT IN VERSE 49 THAT BEATS HIS FELLOW WORKERS. THIS IS A VERY TERRIFYING POSITION TO BE IN WHEN NOT RELYING, DEPENDING, AND TRUSTING IN THE LORD. THE LORD ISNT CALLING ME TO PREACH TO MY FAMILY. HE IS ASKING ME TO FEED MY FAMILY AND GUIDE MY FAMILY IN HIS STRENGTH NOT MINE. LIKE PAUL SAID IN ROMANS, “THANKS BE TO GOD THROUGH OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST!

Julie:

Matthew 23 – “Woe to the Scribes and Pharisees (me)” …

 v3 – They preached but did not practice.  I do not want to be the hypocrite who tells people to have faith during storms but when a storm coms upon me, I have no faith.  V4 – They lay heavy burdens on people’s shoulders.  I do not want to be the wife or friend or sister who lays my burdens on other people to make my load lighter.  It only creates a stumbling block for them in their walk with Christ.  V5 – They do their deeds to be seen by others.  I have recently been convicted of seeking the Lord in vain and it makes me sick that I can be that rotten and self-centered.  I do not want man to look at me and say, “good job, but instead God look at me and say, “well done my good and faithful servant”.  V6 -  They love honor and the best seat and people addressing them as Rabbi.  I can say all day how these kinds of arrogant and assertive people test my patience, but I can very easily be the same way.  When I don’t get the best seat, I want to be happy for the one who does deservingly get it.  V15 – They travel far to recruit but them corrupt them with false doctrine.  I do not want to just be enthusiastic about acts of service, but also give my service the best I can.  I do not want to grow lazy in a responsibility I was once so happy to receive.  V16 – The swear by  the temple, but the gold of the temple is too sacred to swear by.  Wow – that anything could have been more sacred than God, but how many times do I do the same thing?  I do idolize certain things and the real confusion (which could be the same in this passage) is what I idolize relates to God.  So what I’m doing is dressing up my sin of idolatry with God and calling it Holy, but in reality and deep down I know that I am choosing God’s gift to me over God himself.  V23 – They tithe spices but not justice, mercy, and faithfulness.  They were giving away things of the flesh, but not things of the heart.  God asks us to die completely to ourselves and that includes our hearts as well.  I pray that I never let my acts of kindness be more visible than the work it is doing in my heart.  V25 – They clean the outside of the cup while the inside is still dirty.  Can I really think that if I serve every time I can, and always smile, and fast and pray fervently, that no one will see through the façade.  I can clean the outside of my cup till it is crystal clear, but if the inside of my cup is dirty then any water I pour out will be just as filthy.  A dirty cup does not have living water in it.  Only by Christ can our cups be washed clean on the inside.  V30 – They mourn for the martyred and the dead prophets, then boast that their fathers were the ones that killed them.  I never want to be someone who exaggerates who they are to fit in with the crowd they are around.  I once was this way, like a boat without an anchor being tossed by the waves, but now I have an anchor and over any characteristics I have, I am first a daughter of Christ and my full identity is found in Him and His truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment