Thursday, June 8, 2017

IBS - Week 7

Nick:
MAY 24 MARK 11:22-24 AND JESUS ANSWERED THEM, HAVE FAITH IN GOD. TRULY, I SAY TO YOU, WHOEVER SAYS TO THIS MOUNTAIN, BE TAKEN UP AND THROWN INTO THE SEA, AND DOES NOT DOUBT IN HIS HEART, BUT BELIEVES THAT WHAT HE SAYS WILL COME TO PASS, IT WILL BE DONE FOR HIM. THEREFORE, WHATEVER YOU ASK IN PRAYER, BELIEVE THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT, AND IT WILL BE YOURS.


I CAN NEVER FORGET GODS PROMISES THAT HE MADE TO ME EARLY ON IN MY WALK WITH HIM. GOD GAVE ME THE FAITH TO BELIEVE GENESIS 12:1 EVEN WHEN THERE SEEMED TO BE IMPASSABLE MOUNTAINS IN THE WAY WHEN HE GAVE IT TO ME. GOD HAS MOVED SO MANY MOUNTAINS BETWEEN NOW AND THEN I COULD’NT EVEN COUNT THEM IF I TRIED. IT SEEMED IMPOSSIBLE AT THE TIME, TO BE FOR ME TO BE WHERE I AM TODAY, A YEAR AND A HALF AGO. PRAISE GOD THAT I CONTINUED TO BELIEVE WHAT HE HAD TOLD ME IN MY HEART AND NEVER THROUGH IT AWAY. THERE WERE MANY TIMES OF DOUBT, BUT GOD ALWAYS SEEMED TO RESTORE MY BELIEF. I CANNOT FORGET THAT, BECAUSE OF JESUS’ STATEMENT IN THESE VERSES, I AM EVEN HERE.

Julie:
 Galatians 6:17 “From now on let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus”

I was beginning to let the enemy get to me.  I was letting him use people to take my eyes off of Jesus.  He dangled a shiny ball in my face and I began to bite.  But very quickly God unhooked me from that and directed me in another path. (And more importantly, He moved me with His Word and His Truth.  Which shows growth in our relationship.)  He reminded me of two things – 1. I bear the marks of Jesus Christ and 2. Because of that, no one should cause me trouble.  Jesus suffered the mocking, the shame, the flogging, the scourging.  Jesus carries the whip marks on His body.  Jesus had the nails pierce His hands.  It was Jesus whose side was pierced, shoulder dislocated, face spit on.  I can only imagine how many actual marks were on his dead body.  And why? For me!  That’s what I deserved.  And if my mindset is on Him and what He did for me then I am humbled.  And where does a humble man sit?  On the floor with their face to the ground.  Therefore, let no one cause me trouble because I can go no further down than I already am.  “There is no counter punch for humility”.  And if I keep my eyes on my Savior and meditate on His Spirit that lives in me (and bears the marks), then I can “mind my own business”.  This keeps me free from letting people and circumstances influence me.  This keeps me out of the enemy’s bondage.  I was truly freed in reading this verse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment