Thursday, June 8, 2017

IBS - Week 8

Nick:
FRIDAY MAY 26, 2017. MARK 13:37 AND WHAT I SAY TO YOU I SAY TO ALL: STAY AWAKE. 


I HAVE TO STAY IN AN EXPECTATION THAT HE IS GOING TO RETURN IN MY LIFETIME. THAT HE IS GOING TO COME IN ALL HIS GLORY RIDING ON THE CLOUDS CALLING US UP TO HIM AND TAKING US HOME. I DONT WANT TO BE SLEEPING IN MY FAITH AND RELATIONSHIP WHEN HE DOES. I WANT TO KEEP MY HANDS TO THE PLOW,, NOT TURNING TO THE LEFT OR TO THE RIGHT. EACH DAY THAT PASSES IS ONE DAY CLOSER TO HIM IN HEAVEN. I FIND IT FASCINATING THAT EVEN JESUS DOESNT KNOW WHEN THE DAY WILL COME FOR HIM TO RETURN WILL BE. I IMAGINE ON THAT DAY, THE FATHER TURNING TO JESUS AND SAYING ITS TIME. JESUS STANDS UP FROM THE RIGHT HAND OF THE THRONE OF GOD AND OUT OF HIS GREAT LOVE FOR US, COMES AND TAKES US HOME. I HOPE TO BE ALIVE ON THAT DAY. IT WILL DWARK EVEN THE MOST AMAZING EXPERIENCE OR REVELATION HES GIVEN TO ME. OUR HEARTS WILL MELT AND WE WILL BE OVERCOME BY THE SIGHT OF HIS GLORY. COME LORD JESUS! BRING US HOME.

Julie:
IBS Week 7 – Luke 1:45 “And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what was spoken to her from the Lord.”

I always love to find verses in the bible that talk about “she” and “her”.  Although some verses are saying “she” as in wisdom or a city.  But this verse is about a woman!  This verse can actually relate to us as women, because it was said by Mary.  God gave Mary a promise and she believed.  She had faith.  She carried the promise that God spoke to her and didn’t doubt.  Not only is her faith and belief something to point out and admire, but also her promise was fulfilled.  God DOES fulfill His promises to us.  He fulfills His promises to me!  He wants to see me living in his blessings, but with faith.  His will will come to pass regardless of my faith, but how much more significant is his fulfilled promise when I can say I held on to faith with endurance during the suffering and waiting.  Mary is truly an example here for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment