Saturday, August 26, 2017

IBS Week 15

Nick:

Acts 3:16 “Through faith in the name of Jesus, this man was healed, and you know how crippled he was before. Faith in Jesus name has healed this man before his very name.

Lord Jesus I was saved in the power of your name. I know that what I am is because of you Jesus. But I don’t fully understand the power that comes from my faith in your name. I believe Lord but help me with my unbelief. I want to know more of you Jesus. I want a deeper and stronger faith in you. I read this passage and it is just somewhat mysterious to me. It is such a deep verse. This is where all of what you give us comes from, faith in your name. The only reason any of this Christian walk and experience is possible is because of what you did and are now doing through the power of your spirit.
Julie:
 Ephesians 6:1-3 – “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.  “Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise), “that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.”
This verse has been a great verse for us to teach Trent.  Trent wants to obey, but he needs help – as we all do.  The bible is a guide to every trouble, no matter the age.  We had always told Trent the command to “obey your father and mother”, and he has had to recite it back to us many of times as well.  But one thing that I never noticed was that this commandment was followed with a promise.  The original verse in Exodus 20 says “…that is may go well with you.”  Trent is still a child and doesn’t understand complete sacrifice, so I thought this was pretty neat that God would know exactly how to speak to a child so they would hear.  If they obey this command, then they get something.  How often is that our parenting technique?  We tell Trent all the time that we are trying to make his life easier in the future (that it may go well with you) and protect him (that you may live long in the land), and that is why he should obey us.  God not only laid out in His Word a motive for Trent to obey, but encouraged Nick and me in our parenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment