Saturday, August 26, 2017

IBS Week 16

Nick:
Ephesians 1:14 The spirit is Gods guarantee that he will give us the inheritance he promised and that he has purchased us to be his own people. He did this so we would praise and glorify him.
Father thank you for this morning in your word. Thank you for sending your son Jesus as the propitiation for our sins that we can be restored back to you and that we could be in your presence.
So that we can have peace and rest. Jesus thank for coming down and leaving all of your divine privileges to come down and save us from the power of sin and ourselves. Thank you for being obedient until the point death on the cross so that the promised spirit from long ago would be poured out on us. And spirit thank you for making your home within us and teaching us about the father. Without you spirit, I would be able to grasp and understand the things of God.

Julie:
Colossians 2:8 – “See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ”

I used to ride the fence with what I believed about God.  I used to love learning different theories on who God was or where He came from.  But all that those questions do is drive me away from Him and make me doubt Him.  What I do know to be concrete in my heart is that the answers to the questions I have are too wonderful for my head to fathom.  They are too great for ANY human to comprehend.  Most of the questions we hear and repeat are just questions lacking faith.  They are questions that have been asked for centuries with no answers in sight.  (Ex. If God can make a rock too big to move, how does He move it?)  I do believe in questioning things and learning on our own, but God is something I cannot dissect and analyze.  He is not of this world, and not even the smartest of minds can figure Him out.  I am proud to say that I have given up the battle of my flesh in trying to make God something of this world.  It makes heaven that much more exciting to get to, in my opinion.  I do not want the enemy creeping into my mind and telling me I need to “figure out” God.  I am at peace knowing that He is real and that He loves and protects me.    

No comments:

Post a Comment