Saturday, March 4, 2017

2/27/17 - Monday - John 12:26 - If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him.

Julie:
I am so happy to have read this whole section as to where I am with my walk right now. I feel like slowly God has been letting me die. And I do not say this lightly as I have actually watched this physically happen before. The body instictively fights to stay alive, and that is what I have been doing. I know I'm dying, but I'm fighting. As I die, I'm learning how useless I really am. I'm realizing how lifeless I am. No strength, no love, deserving nothing. This is me. This is me in my own will. This is me apart from God. In my own will I am the wheat grain still attached to its stalk. What good is that? But as my Creator is killing me and as I, the wheat grain, fall into the earth and die, I am becoming durable to serve for God's purpose. I'm losing my life on earth for a better life in eternally in heaven. And praise God for it because I don't want this instant gratification that the world offers, but instead forevermore love that God has for me in heaven. So while I am here on earth, dead, I will allow God to take me where He calls me and do whatever it is that he has asked me to do. Because wherever He send me, he too is there. The Word say that he has called me to be a servant of His. Serving God requires constant death to self in order to glorify Him. This is an easy concept to grasp, but hard to apply as our flesh tends to cling to motives. But the more we die to our flesh, the more we get to glorify God through serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment