Saturday, March 4, 2017

Thursday February 16, 2017 Colossians 3:20 Children obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.

Nick:
This is something Julie and I have been working on with Trent for a while now. Paul lays it out really simply on how a christian household should be structured and ordered. Sometimes these things are simple and sometimes they can seem to be very difficult to obey, for all of us. Our family was such a mess for so long, it has taken the Lord some time to get to the heart of things in our family. A personal walk and a family walk are two totally different things. The family walk with the Lord being the more stressful and difficult of the two. Three different personalities jockeying for position, and when we don’t lay ourselves down and surrender to Gods will, things get really sticky. But by staying in the word and much prayer, God has really been able to do a lot in our family since we have been here. Before coming here, Trent didn’t want to pray nor did he know how. But since we started doing family prayer in the mornings, Trent likes to take the lead in the mornings and pray for our family and the school. Trent is growing in his obedience to the Lord and it is such a blessing to see. 
 
Julie:
Trent,
I know it is difficult to obey your father and me, but when you do, it pleases the Lord. The Lord put us in your life to guide you and discipline you. This was not a mistake. He knew that we were exactly what you needed to succeed as a light amongst this world of darkness. I think I know what's best for you, but the Lord does knows what's best. I am asking the Lord daily that He help me take my hands off of you so He can do His work in you. In a way, I have to obey Him like you have to obey me. He tells me to sit and wait on Him to do His mighty work in you, and if I am impatient and do not sit still, I am being disobedient. So I do understand how difficult it is to sit still. I may not show you the grace I should, but I do have it in my heart because I am also child who doesn't listen or obey. God is my Father. With that being said, I am going to start making a better effort to obey my Father in hopes that you too will start obeying your father and mother. Because, Trent, all that we are is a vessel for God to use to teach you lessons and faith. God used Pubah to make me who I am, and God used Poppy to teach Daddy who he is. Pubah and Poppy, just like Dad and I, are not perfect though. We are only humans. So that is why it is very important that you also stay obedient in praying to God. He will always guide you the right way. It makes God very happy when you pray to Him because He loves you, but it also makes Him very happy when you listen to your parents too. This makes Him happy for a lot of reasons... 1. It is a commandment, 2. It shows Him that you have self control, which is a fruit of the spirit, 3. It puts order in our family and God loves to see order, and 4. It shows that you trust God when he chose your mom and dad. I am so blessed to just be your earthly mother, how much more blessed is God to be your Heavenly Father. Please continue obey us even when you don't want to, and watch how God blesses you with what you need. I love you ! - Mom
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment