Saturday, March 4, 2017

Thursday  February 23, 2017 Ephesians 5:21 submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ.

Nick:
Each one of us is belongs to the Lord. We have been bought with a price, and our lives are not our own. We have been washed with the blood of Jesus, and the life we now live, we live for Christ. Jesus submitted to the worst of sinners, to the point of death on a cross, for you and me. He was mocked, flogged and beaten but yet stayed under submission so that the will of the father would be fulfilled. He never fought back or retaliated. At any moment he could have taken the any of the lives of those who persecuted him but he didn’t. He didn’t do any of this for himself. The thirty three years he spent here on earth was for us. He resisted sin and temptation for us. He was an example for us. He prayed for us. And he died and agonizing death full of Gods wrath on a cross. These things barely scratch the surface of what he truly submitted to for us. If we can just keep these things on the forefront of our hearts and minds. If we could only look at our brothers and sisters, and see them with these thoughts of what he did for them. In respect for our Lord and King, we need to submit to our brothers. He not only bought us with a price, but them also. We can almost view it as a sort of stewardship. How do we stewards Gods people according to his word? By loving them out of reverence for him. They belong to him along with all other creation. Ephesians 5:1 Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
 
Julie:
Paul tells us to look carefully how we walk. He tells us to be wise and not unwise. Then he breaks down how. He tells us not to be foolish but stay in God's will. Only a foolish man thinks he can outrun God anyway. Then he tells us do not be drunk but be filled with the Holy Spirit. Then he tells us to always give thanks. I believe this is opposed to grumbling and complaining. Lastly, he tells us one another for Christ's sake. This leads into many different ways of submission. All of these ways are steps to take in walking with God. Use our days wisely because they are numbered, staying sober minded to focus on Christ, be thankful, and submit. Submission doesn't really look good amongst all these easier traits. Submission is difficult because it requires laying down for pride and humbling yourself. But God loves it! And when we do submit we are recognizing His order and the authority he put in our lives. God has placed authority in my life and to make sure I am walking carefully I must submit. And why do I have to walk carefully s a Christian? Because the enemy has laid land mines all over my path. I do not see them, but God does, so he uses my authority to keep me from stepping on a bomb and destroying my spiritual walk. I am thankful for the authority in my life because without it I would be spiritually dead again. They see my blind spots and keep me safe. Sometimes submitting to my husband is difficult. Mostly because of my flesh. But I do know without any doubt that only God has kept us together. So, because I am so thankful for Christ keeping us married, I will remember Christ by submitting to my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment