Saturday, March 4, 2017

3/2/17 - Thusrday - John 15:15 - No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. 

Nick:
A friend of God! I never would have imagined I would ever be where I am now. I use to be an enemy to God. Feeding my flesh to please my sinful nature. Filling my heart with idols and lusts not knowing that only the true and living God could fill my heart and set me free. God has made known to me the things of him. He has shown me his son and what he did for me. He has rained down from heaven spiritual blessings that I had no idea ever existed. Things that bring so much joy and peace to my life. Revelations and knowledge of him and his majesty. The miracles he has worked in my life. The circumstances he placed our family in and the mountains he moved for us to be here. The chains he has broken and bondages he has set me free from. The relationships he has redeemed. To go back even further to before I was even born. He lived a perfect life for me. He was the perfect example of a servant for me. He was a great teacher for me. He was persecuted, mocked and beaten for me. He was nailed to a cross and died a gruesome death hours later for me. He was raised to life on the 3rd day and is now seated in heaven for me. There is no friend on the face of the earth that can and ever will do any of those things for me. I owe Jesus my Life. I the most incredible part of it all is that the life he gives is better than any i could think of or imagine and on top of that there is heaven to look forward to.

Julie:
The servant master relationship is all business. They are both in business of benefiting themselves. The master uses the servant to get things done that he does not want to or cannot do. The servant uses the master to earn money or keep his life. It's a cold intimacy between the two. I can only imagine that before Christ, this is how the people of God felt. I can imagine that this is how people who are not Christians believe Christianity is today. And what is our purpose on earth? To save souls by bringing them the gospel. Why would any nonbeliever listen to someone who portrays the relationship between us and God as cold and business. I know I wouldn't. Instead, as Jesus says in this verse, we are friends. The definition of a friend is "a person whom one knows and with whom one has a bond of mutual affection". What I've always known a friend to be is someone who does good for another without expecting anything in return. The relationship is warm ad inviting. This kind of intimacy is what I want with my King. This kind of confidence in knowing God protects me is what unbelievers want. When they see the unbreakable and uncondtional friendship between us and Jesus, they begin to put their guard down and desire the same kind of bond. And what better person to have this best friendship with other than Jesus. He is our King, our Creator, our God. He is the best of the best of what we desire in a friendship. And better than who he is, is his character. He loves me and is jealous for me. He wants me and is heartbroken when I'm not with him. He makes me feel lovely. He fills me heart like no other man or thing. He fashioned me before I was born. He knows my beginning, end, and everything inbetween and if I just walk with him as a friend, He will protect me from harm. Jesus is the best thing I have. He is the only thing I have, because when I die and leave this world, nothing else is leaving with me but Him. He is my rock and solid foundation. I am so blessed to have this charished friendship. So "pull me alittle closer, take me alittle deeper, I want to know your heart, I want to know your heart, cause your love is so much sweeter, than anything I've tasted, I want to know you more, I want to know you more"

No comments:

Post a Comment