Friday, April 14, 2017

3/14/17 - Tuesday - IBS - Philippians 3:9 -  and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith—
Julie:
My righteousness is found in my faith not the law.  That is what I am getting out of this verse right now.  Yesterday in my persnal devo God spoke this to me in Numbers 19.  I learned about a sin offering and what it was used for.  A whole young cow would be burned in the sight of the priest until it was simply ashes.  Then those ashes would be poured into water.  This water was kept for people who came in contact with a dead body.  If they touched a dead body, then they would have this water sprinkled on them and they would be considered unclean for seven days.  The law said that to be righteous again, aftering touching a dead body, they would have to go through these rituals and sacrifices.  It was such an eye opener to me, because I was that person who not just touched but held a dead body five months ago.  And I had never felt closer to God.  I did not feel the guilt or shame of what I was doing.  I didn't feel like I had to do a bunch of nonsense to become clean in God's eyes again.  I felt clean as I held him.  I felt peace.  I felt righteous in the eyes of God.  And that is because of the faith I have in Jesus Christ being my Sacrifice.  He sacrificed himself so I could touch something dead and mourn without guilt.  And he is my Savior because I felt peace. This is an applicable way I have found my righteousness in faith and not the law.

No comments:

Post a Comment