Friday, April 14, 2017

3/28/17 – Tuesday – IBS – Luke 2:46 - After three days they found him in the temple, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions.

Julie:
I can only imagine how terrified Mary must have felt when she realized her son was missing.  If Mary was confident enough to have Jesus’ head count before they left, then I can only assume that was because he was such a well-behaved child.  Plus he was twelve, not seven!  Anyway, if Jesus, being a well-behaved character was drawn so far from obeying his mother and father, it must have been for something worth it.  And it was.  It was for God.  Something sparked in him deep enough to say to himself “God over parents”.  I bet it was the Holy Spirit drawing him in closer to where he came from, heaven.   I feel that sometimes.  I feel the Holy Spirit attempting to draw closer to me.  But He only draws as close as I’m willing to soften my heart.  If I remain stiff-necked and hard-hearted I do not get to experience Him on such a deep and intimate level.  Unfortunately, this softening requires letting go of things in the world.  But Jesus didn’t leave his parents forever.  He was with them again.  Which gives me hope when I have to let go of things and it hurts.  Jesus chose God over literally everything.  His family, his source of food, protection, shelter, his everything.  He watched it keep walking and he chose to stop sit at God’s feet and dwell there instead.  Jesus truly is the greatest example we can have.

No comments:

Post a Comment