Friday, April 14, 2017

Friday March 3, 2017 Luke 12:37-40 Blessed are those servants whom the master finds awake when he comes. Truly, I say to you, he will dress himself for service and have them recline at table, and he will come and serve them. If he comes in the second watch, or the third,  and finds them awake, blessed are those servants! But know this, that if the master of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, he would not have left his house to be broken into. You also must be ready, for the son of man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

Nick:

Faithfulness and stewardship. Will I be looking for Jesus’ when he returns. Will I still be seeking him and his kingdom when he comes. Hopefully I won’t be like the servant in verse 45 who says, “My master is delayed in coming, and begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and get drunk.” I don’t want to take my hands off the plow I don’t want to turn back. He has brought me so far I don’t think I could ever turn back. But the spirit is willing but the body is weak. Thats why I have to keep my lamps burning even when they seem to be out of oil. I want to be faithful with what he has given me. I want to be faithful with season in my life. I want to take full advantage of this time alone with the Lord. But not only growth with the Lord but with my family. What ever God is calling me into, we come as a package. Its would be “our” ministry not mine. So I want to be faithful and a also a good steward of the blessings and possessions he has given me. I have to constantly be aware of this perspective that everything I have in my life has been given to me from God. Nothing is mine and when I disregard these things, I’m not being a faithful steward of Gods blessings. This opportunity is a gift and so were the finances that got us here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment