Friday, April 14, 2017

3/9/17 - Thursday - IBS - Matthew 18:15 - If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother.

Julie:
If a brother or sister who walks with Christ wrongs me, I am obligated to address it with them, because I want to see them flourish in Christ.  They may not be aware of their exposed area that is hindering their growth.  And what kind of sister would I be to not want my fellow brother or sister to grow in Christ?  I know I want to flourish in Christ, so if I have a spot in me that is keeping me from growing, I would expect my fellow brothers or sisters to point it out so that I can pray about how to remove that from my life.  The enemy came to steal, kill, and destory, so when we choose not to confront a fellow member of Christ about their sin, then we are allowing the enemy to steal our fellowship, kill the good fruits growing with the sin, and destroy our confidence in God to redeem and restore.  I know I want to continue to grow in God as long as I am living on this earth, so if you brother or sister sees a flaw in my walk with Christ, I would hope they would bring that to the light.  And I would hope that I had a mature enough heart to recieve it as corrective criticism and not let it become something wicked.  I do not want the help to fester in my heart as someone out to get me.  That just means that there is still pride in me that is hurt.  But if I am really dead and now live in Christ then who am I to worry what counsel another Godly brother or sister has to share?  It's all for the growth of our love for God and each other !

No comments:

Post a Comment