Friday, April 14, 2017

3/15/17 - Wednesday - IBS - Philippians 3:10 - that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,

Julie:
The two words that initially stand out to me are resurrection and death.  Paul says that he wants to know the power of the resurrection and he wants to share in the suffering of Jesus' death.  I believe that we cannot have one without the other.  To know the power of the resurrection, we must first be willing to suffer and die.  And to be willing to suffer and die, we must first understand the power in the resurrection.  I want to be like Jesus on this level.  I want to think like him on this level.  I have the desire that Paul has, to not be a sideline Christian, but instead jump in and walk with Jesus.  I want to crawl through the trenches with Him, and be ostracized with Him, and die an undeserving criminals death with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment