Friday, April 14, 2017

Wednesday March 29, 2017 Proverbs 9:9 Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser; teach a righteous man, and he will increase in learning.

Nick:

Our righteousness is our faith in Jesus Christ. Teach one who belongs in the Lord Jesus Christ, and he will increase in learning. Why does the righteous man increase in learning? The righteous man knows that he always has something to learn. He knows that he can never fully understand all of what God is. Teach him can come in many different ways. Know . ledge is one way of learning. Like here in ignite, there has been a curriculum laid out for us to learn from, to walk in. We learn from pastors and teachers teaching from the word in a class room setting. We also learn from experience. An example here has been Austin letting the guys teach a message on an area of scripture that God has put on our hearts. For me learning from experience is the most efficient way to learn things. Counsel is another way of being taught. Something comes comes up in our lives and we want to make sure we are doing things pleasing to God. Sometimes we are so caught up in the circumstances we can’t see through the fog. So we go to trustable godly men for couple or advice on what route to take. Proverbs 15:22 Without couple plans fail, but with many advisers they succeed. All these different ways of being taught in the end come from Gods providential hand, and I think that is the key to increasing in learning. God is always trying to teach us something, we never will fully understand it all.

Julie:
So many times I think I'm wise enough.  So many times my pride stands in the way of receiving instruction.  But this Proverb says that a wise man takes instruction.  So what I'm understanding from this verse is that a wise man humbles himself to receive correction.  He may know the measure of his wisdom, but he also knows that it is never enough.  The hunger to humble ourselves so we can be filled with more is wisdom.  What I am is skewed and foolish.  I'm full of my self in this sense.  So how can a person who is full of themselves be full of anything else?  They can't!  And the worst part about it that, is pride is a synthetic fullness.  Nothing about it fruit bearing.  Today I was given instruction on how a godly woman should act.  I felt my pride welling up inside me saying "You are already a godly woman.  You don't need to change anything.  Especially what this person is saying. Be meek!?! Ha! No way!  I need to be a light.  My efforts, my credit, me, me, me."  But I knew, after reading this verse, that those thoughts are nothing more than the enemy trying to get a foothold of me so I cannot grow.  He wants to stunt my spiritual growth by letting my pride hinder my acceptance of instruction.  I pray that the Lord will give me more opportunities to choose the humble road of accepting intruction instead of choosing pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment