Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Thursday February 2, 2017 Revelation 1:9 I, John, your brother and partner in the tribulation and the kingdom and the patient endurance that are in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos on account of the word of God and testimony of Jesus Christ.

Nick-

John took up his cross till the very end. it says that he was on the island called patmos on account of the word of god and the testimony of Jesus Christ. He also says that we are his partners in the tribulation and the kingdom and the patient endurance that are in Jesus. Am I willing to go to my patmos on account of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ? Am I willing to go where God leads me for the sake of the gospel? If I keep my eyes fixed on Jesus and follow Him, yes! Hebrews 12:1-2 “Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight and sin which clings so closely and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.” God left us his word to tell us how to endure the race that is set before us. He says to look to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith. Looking to Jesus as my example, as my model, as my wisdom and understanding will give me the strength and courage to endure my patmos

Julie-
John is writing to the seven churches as a brother and and partner.  Partner in what?  Tribulations.   The Kingdom.  Patient endurance, that like Jesus.  I had to read this verse repeatedly and do some homework to really understand the context, but the more I dig, the more I realize this is a verse for Ignite.  Patmos was a tiny volcanic island in the Aegean Sea.  Although, people were sent there as prisoners and we are not, both John and Ignite were where they were on account of God and because we believe in the truth of Jesus' testimony.  We were all called.  John sets an example for me here.  When it becomes difficult to love my brothers and sisters and my pride gets in the way of being humble, I pray God brings this verse to me.  I pray that my flesh would lay down and the ability to patiently endure whatever hardship overwhelms me.  If I can endure then iron has sharpened iron.  But I pray that my humility and patience be penitrated all the way to my heart and I'm not just walking out some just vain actions.  More than that, I want to be a sister to my class God willing.  When others are suffering, I want to suffer with them and prayerfully walk out of the darkness together.  The third outlook on this for me is to not run from another person whom I feel like there is a trial.  I pray God keeps me in contact with them because running opens the door for the enemy to sneak into my head, but loving them unconditionally keeps the unity that Christ intended because that is glorifying the Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment