Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Tuesday January 31, 2017 Luke 21:19
Nick-

Our entire team took on Fuego Volcano yesterday. Not even 10 minutes into the climb, Valerie was convinced that she was not going to be able to make it up the mountain. In my own life, there are lots of these Fuego type mountains that seem like there is no way over them. There are some that I want to back from and some that i just want to go around and avoid. Before Christ I had that option and I became very good at it. I ran from the problems and difficult situations in my life because deep down I knew that i had no strength or courage to face them on my own. That isn’t the life that God has now called me to. Joshua 1:9 “Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, the Lord is with you where ever you go” This is an incredibly comforting promise form our God Immanuel. He was with me in Chattanooga, He is with me here, and He will be with me where ever I go. There will be many more mountains that God places in my life, and through those he grows me more and more producing endurance. Romans 5:3-4 “Not only that but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope.” Valerie ended up making the 12 hour round trip hike on Fuego. 

Julie-
         Why would we need endurance to gain our lives if we are saved and have eternal life?  Possibly, the meaning of this verse is to help us endure the war and persecutions that we face in our lives.  Romans 5:3-4 "suffering produces endurance, endurance character, and character hope". As a Christian, we will suffer through war, trials, tribulations, and even persecutions.  This is just part of the walk.  This past weekend, God told me to be willing to die for Him, and as contradicting as it sounds, His words to die gave me so much life.  It was as if I was freed of the burden of trying to stay alive and well for His will.  As we climbed up the volcano on Monday, He kept reminding me, "Be willing to die for me.", and it made the hike much easier to endure.  The pain was still there and the volcano didn't change its size, but my mindset was to go till I dropped.  That's endurance and perserverance.  I want Monday to be a metaphor for the rest f my life.  I want to walk every day in complete freedom to die for Christ that day.  The petty fights with Nick, the challanges of homeschool, and any other minor trials are pointless to ponder over when compared to dying for Christ.  They are washed away in the ocean of grace immediately.  This endurance has absolutely helped me gain new color to my life.  But what do I do with this new momentum?  I use it to gain more lives.  To help others fight for their salvation and to give them an endurance to gain their lives so they can turn around and gain others.

No comments:

Post a Comment